Welcome to the Live Life Healthy Blog: Healthy Living Hacks for Humans with a Thirst For Life
Healthy Human is not just a brand. It’s a lifestyle. Our mission is to Live Life Healthy. Join us!
We believe that human kindness leads to world kindness. That human health leads to world health. Each and every element of our products is designed with your health and hydration in mind and with one goal: To Live Life Healthy.
Healthy Human strives to live life healthy by 10 key, simple components that make up a whole, healthy human. We hope you’ll join us in incorporating these concepts as you move throughout your day, and that our hacks help you make them a seamless part of your natural living.
Here’s an overview of the information you can find in each section.
Thank you for joining us – Here’s to Living Life Healthy!
Simple ways to help you drink more. Safely.
Drinking more water is essential to your physical, mental and emotional health.
Did you know that:
- Our brains and hearts are composed of 73 percent water,
- That water is involved in every single one of our bodily functions, and that
- Every element of our bodies, from our kidneys to our brain, rely upon water to stay in balance?
It is also the vehicle that carries vital nutrients to our cells, keeps us functioning everyday, and makes our nails stronger, hair shinier and skin smoother. Who doesn’t want that?
The average adult needs about 64 ounces of water a day. However, most of us only drink about 20 ounces, or 2.5 cups. Yikes! That means most of us are living our lives dehydrated.
Studies show that even mild dehydration can have severe impacts on our health, including headaches, fatigue, cloudiness and mood disorders. Does any of that sound familiar? We hope not! But if it does, you may already be dehydrated.
If drinking more water sounds just about as exciting as flossing more frequently, join us as we offer weekly Healthy Human Hydration Hacks that will give you hundreds of delicious, fun and pleasurable ways to incorporate more water into your daily routine.
Easy, delicious ways to nourish your body through whole foods.
“The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.” – Ann Wigmore
Or as Michael Pollan puts it in his book, Food Rules, “If it came from a plant, eat it. If it was made in a plant, don’t.”
At Healthy Human, we believe that focusing on what nourishes us can have a life-changing impact on our overall health and wellness. Here, we will look at all of the things that nourish us: not just the food we eat, but also the elements of our lives that fulfill us. We’ll explore:
- How to stop focusing on eating more or less and focus on eating mindfully,
- Various nutrition theories and how to find the one that’s right for you, and
- How to nourish our cells that make us healthy humans
This is a judgment-free zone designed to help you prevent disease, gain more energy and reach your health goals.
We know you’re busy, so these hacks, recipes and tips will be super easy to implement. Let’s put the fun back into food!
Clean living hacks to help you create a toxic-free home and body through natural living.
Have you ever had so many programs open on your computer’s desktop that it ultimately froze or – worse – shut down, just as you were frantically trying to finish something?
Do you ever feel so overwhelmed by everything in your environment that you freeze, or feel the need to shut down?
Our lives can be messy. From toxic chemicals in our homes to toxic relationships, it can be easy to become so inundated with “stuff” that we are unable to live our best lives. Whether it’s an overstuffed inbox or closet that’s bogging you down, we hope you’ll join us in exploring:
- How to create a peaceful environment that inspires inner peace;
- How to zap your home, food and drinks of toxic chemicals so you can live more purely; and
- Quick and easy clean living tips and resources that will help you live more consciously.
Join us in cleaning up the things that go in, around and on us and in Living Life Healthy!
Easy way to incorporate more movement into your life.
Our bodies were designed to move. 5,000 years ago, we all would have been out hunting for our food, or chasing off saber-toothed lions. Thank goodness we don’t have to do that anymore! Back then, there wasn’t much talking (or, well, drawing) about gimmicks designed to help you tone your abs. It was all very basic!
However, today we humans have somehow moved in the opposite direction. Now fitness can be so complicated – from expensive gym memberships that we don’t have time to use to classes and programs that can seem downright intimidating. Our Fitness Hacks:
- Explore how to easily incorporate more movement into your day;
- Find easy ways to get the exercise you need that are fun (and not intimidating!); and
- Look at fitness holistically in a way that helps you get movin’, grovin’ and feeling great in no time!
Ways to improve sleep so our bodies and minds can thrive.
Did you know that in 2015, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) named insufficient sleep a public health problem?
If you’re struggling to get a good night’s sleep, you’re not alone. According to the CDC’s research, 3 in 10 people have trouble sleeping at night, and approximately 35 percent of those they surveyed fell asleep during the day at least once in the month before the study was administered.
Having trouble sleeping is a real issue that prevents many of us from living our best lives. Our hearts, brains, and even our digestive systems can’t function well without it.
If you’re one of the 60 million people who have trouble sleeping, these hacks will help you:
- Discover tricks and tools that will help you prepare your body for rest;
- Understand your sleep cycles and the surprising issues that may be interrupting them; and
- Get a good night’s rest, consistently, once and for all.
Hacks to help you get outside and enjoy the benefits the great outdoors offer.
That’s the saying, right? Or maybe it’s “an apple a day…” Either way, at Healthy Human we believe that a walk in the park a day can definitely help keep the doctor away. Here’s why:
- Did you know that just walking in a tree-lined forest or park can immediately lower your blood pressure and anxiety levels?
- That spending time in nature has been linked to improved attention spans and boosts in serotonin?
- That you may heal and recover faster from an injury or surgery if you have more exposure to natural light?
Although not a new idea, good, old, fresh air and sunshine may be just what the doctor ordered to help you reach your health goals.
Join us here as we explore the outdoors and how they can help us live more purely and fully.
We all could use more laughter! Here are our favorite tips for living a life of happiness and fun.
They say that laughter is the best medicine. If you’ve ever been feeling down before and were cheered up by the company of a good friend or an episode of Saturday Night Live, you know it very well may be!
Laughing, having fun and being in the company of others we love has the power to heal us, humor us and make us feel better.
Here, we will explore how letting loose a little bit can go a long way in increasing endorphins, our body’s natural feel-good chemicals that promote an overall sense of well-being and help us live life healthy:
- Laughter: Enjoy some resources and hacks that will bring a smile to your face
- Community: The cultures that live the longest have this one thing in common. Find out why this helps heal and what else other cultures do to increase their happiness and longevity.
- Hobbies: Are hobbies essential to your health? They very well may be! Learn how to make time for fun, even when you’re super busy.
Giving is good for you! Here are our giving back tips for the time- and budget-crunched.
Here at Healthy Human we are committed to what we call “in house giving” — or taking care of one another. Whether it’s making a cup of tea for someone or pitching in to help when it looks like someone may need it, you’ll often find us doing random acts of kindness for each other. We also volunteer in the community together once a month. And we find it helps us just as much as it helps others.
It’s a fact — those of us who give back and are kind to others are happier. Did you know that by simply being nice to others:
- Our blood pressure is lowered;
- Our outlook on the world improves; and
- We gain a sense of well-being that material items can’t provide?
We are wired to be giving creatures. Giving to others without expecting anything in return is one of the most powerful things you can do for your spirit and soul — not to mention building up some good karma! Here, we explore all the health benefits giving can do for us and how you can find time and ways to give back every day.
Resources to help you live a more relaxed life.
Do you feel guilty even thinking about taking time out of your day to relax? Many of us do and, unfortunately, it can almost seem like a dirty word.
We are here to encourage you to take time every day to relax, destress, clear your mind and ground yourself. Chances are if you’re like most, you’ve never considered how your stress could be affecting those you love, and how not taking the time to manage it can actually be causing them harm. Join us here for:
- Quick hacks, tips and resources that will help you finally gain control of your stress;
- To learn how almost every other Healthy Human Hacks component can help you address this one issue; and
- How a shift in thinking can have a life-changing impact on how anxiety affects you every day.
For now, go pet a dog, give a hug and hang out with warm, positive people. That will get some good, chill vibes going until we meet again!
Don’t just live, thrive! These hacks will help you live the life of your dreams.
You are what you think. Here at Healthy Human, we believe it’s not just the food and water we drink that nourishes us, but all of the elements of our lives that truly nurture and sustain us. From our financial health and careers to our relationships with our family, our friends and ourselves, our entire environment affects how healthy we truly are.
If you have a “bucket list” in your head but have not crossed anything off of it recently, these hacks are for you:
- Feeling stuck? We’ll get you unstuck and on your way to living the life of your dreams
- How to create timeframes for your goals so they happen (and sooner, rather than later!)
- How anything truly is possible, and the science behind exactly how to make your dreams a reality.
Go ahead, start dreaming. It’s good for your health!